4.6K views

Wouldn't take my check because it was over 250.00. They said because they are protecting my checking

account.That's my banks job not Krogers. They said I am a preferred coustomer because allot of people don't spend that kind of money. I told them I write checks for more than that at Walmart, Meijers and

Sams club with no problem have never bounced a check. They told me to call coustmer service at

1800-917-6484 I did got a lady India telling me I can only spend 250.00 if I write a check. Will

never shop at Krogers again.NO one tells me how much money I can spend in a store.Goodbye

Krogers

Had an Experience with Kroger?

Comments

Same thing just happened to me.So what they want people to spend money some where else.

I have been writing checks there for years.Not a happy mom.

You do have a debit card don't you? Also you spell customer you ignorant ***.

fine...use your debit card and get hacked ...I don't want to visit a store who can't secure their information. If checks weren't legal, they wouldn't be allowed anywhere. Make sense

LadyScot
to Anonymous #1130280

You don't think your check can be 'hacked' as well?***, your check has your name, address, phone number, bank name, AND routing and account number on.

You hand the check to the cashier.The debit card you swipe yourself...so who is the *** here?

Clarksville, Tennessee, United States #1064916

Debit cards are hacked all the time. Checks are safer. If the cashier is too lazy to do her job or not smart enough, she needs to work somewhere else

Strange indeed.I buy $500 worth of groceries and they take my check.

Was yours a third party check?

They don't take those.Why didn't you just write TWO (2) checks?

Strange because I work for Kroger and we accept checks for any amount that I'm aware of. It's probably because you all used to many checks in one day or your bank has a limit set so check with your bank as well. Could be local rules for those Kroger as well.

to Anonymous Clarksville, Tennessee, United States #1064915

Banks don't limit what you can spend out of your account unless you're over. Get informed before giving opinions.

to susan #1073753

First of all, there is no need to be rude to previous commenter.Secondly, some banks actually limit how much you can spend...I know my bank, wells fargo, has a daily transaction limit which is set at $5k.

That's not to say that there are other banks out there which arent set to a lower amount.It could also depend on the type of account you have with your bank.

to susan #1154700

That's not true. Many bank accounts have a built in daily limit, or other ones have you choose that as a potential safety feature. You need to get informed.