Love my local Kroger in St Marys, Ohio!Wonderful produce, lots of good name brand selections in addition to the store brands; pleasant cashiers and clerks who roam around constantly asking me if I need any help.

Why, then, when I regularly spend $125-150 each time I shop there, does there never seem to be a bag "person" available to bag my groceries?? The cashier just keeps pushing them down the line while I try to keep up by shoving them in bags as fast as I can. Bread is smashed, frozen pizzas are folded in half and bags of potato chips are crushed while I try to jam it all in bags as fast as I can while I watch bag "people" roaming around ignoring the situation. I did actually speak up this last time and the girl at the next line came over to help me but she was not at all happy about it.

This is not Wal-Mart and if I'm going to spend more to shop here I expect to have my groceries bagged.Period.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Kroger. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Kroger.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Food Stores category for more informed decision or compare Kroger to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Kroger?

Comments

Bagger is just another word for janitor/servant. They're either off cleaning, getting buggies, or helping another customer. There are only a few of them doing all of that for a whole grocery store, and all you have to do is bag your stuff.

Orange, California, United States #1035655

When you cannot even do a simple task such as bagging your groceries without damaging them, something even a four year old is capable of doing, you have no right calling an adult old enough to work a girl.

I would suggest Walmart for you.

Hello, I want to give you one perspective as a new Kroger Cashier as of July 2015 here in Memphis, TN.I constantly see the flow of customers going up and down within minutes.

I believe Kroger does it's best to keep up with that flow by moving the cashiers and baggers around, including opening and closing Registers to try keep up with this demand. There are some times where one bagger will try and take on more than one register line and others when there are extra baggers who will go out and get shopping carts or do another task. You are more than welcome to state your concerns and frustrations. I certainly agree with what you are saying and it can be very frustrating for both the customer and the cashiers.

I don't mind bagging so I just do it. Know that cashiers are doing a lot of bagging at times and that is just part of the job. Please continue to post any concerns as well as let the store manager(s) at Kroger also hear what you have to say.

Thank you.Andy Heller, Cashier at Kroger in Memphis, TN, ahelleraz@gmail.com