Update by user Dec 28, 2016

Kroger's throws away tons of food on a weekly basis between all their stores.Instead of cutting back to what each store really sells they would rather send to much to each store so their shelves will look pretty, I know for a fact that many times they send so much to their stores it can not even be put out on the shelves nor can it all be stored in the proper rooms right away.

SO I think we need to let Kroger's know to stop wasting food only ship the food you know will sell and let the rest go to the places it is truly needed !

Kroger's has the reports on what sell thru the season and what don't.

So its easy to send what is needed.If Kroger's wants to continue buying as much then ship the extra FRESH food to the homeless or needy ,don't wait till the final mark down and before you throw it away you donate it (THIS IS NOT RIGHT )

Original review posted by user Dec 27, 2016

Public published review 12/27/16 There are several people who have been able to get produce from Kroger's after their mark down price because they just throw it all away we would give it to animals that were in need !But instead of throwing it away they would sell it to us in box lots ( would not donate it !

) Kroger's and Dole rep. started deciding they wasn't going to donate the bags of salad any more stating were afraid it would go bad before it would get to the animals & afraid we would sue we take this food less than 5 min from store & have for 1 1/2 years along with baskets of fresh fruit most could have been donated to the homeless shelters as well but not they just throw it all away , I Have Pictures of all their food they decide to throw away instead of helping those n need . They do donate from bakery to homeless & the meat before markdown which we all know can be bad its thrown in a back of a pickup truck not refrig. How many people can that hurt ?

Why cant they just deliver fresh instead of taking the chance of the older meat thrown in the back of a truck growing bad bacteria and toxins !

YOU CAN SEE SOME OF THE MEAT DONATED IS ALREADY BROWN.God Bless the man in the picture he is only trying to help others in need

Teresa20162016 wrote the review because of "your wasteful and unconcerned" at Kroger and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Kroger to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was lack of concern and dont like the way they are so wasteful. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Kroger for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Kroger?

Comments

Teresa20162016

You sound *** and cant read, the fact is its the waste in America if they cant sell the food and they know what each store sells they need to watch their ordering . Also if they are going to donate food it should not be food their about to throw away , which will make people sick.

So learn to read !

Leander, Texas, United States #1270136

"Whaaaaaaaaa, I want free food and Kroger won't give it to me! They're following health rules that are required by law, but I think I'm special and they should ignore the rules just for me! I don't understand why the store won't just take the items THAT THEY CAN SELL off the floor and just give them to me instead!"

That's what you sound like.

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1261841

And when one of those animals died from the bad food you would not sue? I don't blame them.

Houston, Texas, United States #1261754

I was told by a Kroger employee at the one I shop at that the bakery at that location will not donate left over bakery items that did not sell that day because a homeless person tried to sue Kroger because he got food poisoning.

You may feel that this is a good idea, but the fact that someone tried to sue Kroger due to food poisoning after eating a bakery item prevents their donating food to a good cause.

It is situations like this that prevent a business from doing this.

Teresa20162016
to Anonymous #1261851

Well I never said giving bad food was a good idea that's why I even pointed out the old brown meat that was given to serve to the homeless, that is a shame Kroger's wont donate fresher items instead of waiting till its been marked down and about to throw away.As for feeding to your animals if you don't have the sense to go over the food to see what's bad before giving it to your animals you don't deserve to have animals or to even shop for the people you feed..

From what you say about the bakery I just think Kroger's needs to step up and clean up .Scott as for your statement if a animal died come on what are you going to do have a autopsy on the animal I don't think so .........