Kroger - Very inappropriate decorated cake among many other issues.

I should have figured something like this would happen at this Kroger.I ordered a cake with my son who turned 13.

He wanted a tropical theme with water/ocean and islands. The islands were supposed to be small and opposite sides of the cake but you can see that is definitely NOT what we received. So not only was he embarrassed but having a house full of 10,11,12 & 13 year olds making fun of him and the cake was unacceptable!! Family was there and they were upset as well.

But this was just icing on the cake. The store is nasty and dirty. There are only about five employees that are nice, the rest are not just racist but very rude beYond words. And don't get me started about the customers that go there.

Yes I am one once in a while when I'm desperate but I try to get what I need and get out.

I can't tell you how many times I have been in an altercation with other customers in the parking lot because either they were going the wrong way in the parking lot or very lazy and over weight and thought they deserved to park in the handicap parking spaces when clearly they did not have a permit to park there.I definitely could go on and on about this awful awful Kroger on gratiot in Roseville Mi.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Need i say more

Reason of review:
inappropriate decorated cake
Preferred solution:
Along with a refund I believe the person that decorated that cake should removed from that position!!! Also some compensation for our embarrassment and issues that came from the other kids parents.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Birthday Cake Decoration
Review category
Food Stores
review #548422 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Kroger? Submit review ›
Helpful? 8 Yes 8 15 No 15
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 08 #1224171 Lockport, New York

Well, you accepted it from the store bakery, paid for it and took it home. Why didn't you tell the store employee that it was unacceptable?

0 0 Reply

Mar 11 #1125855

Have you ever seen the despicable me 2 minions beach party cakes that are made?!?!?! They look just like that one! Just because you were too cheap to buy the 6 dollar kit that makes it minion themed doesn't mean the person who decorated this cake should be fired or replaced???? It looks like a beach themed cake and it has an island. If you want something that specific, you need to fork out the cash and go to a real bakery. You're ridiculous.

6 0 Reply

Mar 10 #1125247

This is just a Minions Beach Party cake without the Minions. The decorator just couldn't think of anything else to do. Don't believe me?
It isn't phallic. You just have a dirty mind. Haha.

5 0 Reply

Jan 14 #1094501

I'm sorry but just because you got one island instead of two is no reason to be bad mouthing Kroger. And if you are talking about that the island looks a little like a *** then you are the *** because it only happens to look a little like one. If you are that emotionally fragile you should seek professional help. Be careful not to eat the tracking chip they put in the icing you big paranoid freak!

6 0 Reply

Jan 13 #1094260 Marshalltown, Iowa

Well, you can safely include YOURSELF in your description of Kroger customers...
Hopefully you learned your lesson here; next time inspect BEFORE accepting, paying for, and using the product. If something is amiss, THAT is the time to complain.

10 0 Reply

Dec 13, 2015 #1078163

It looks like a *** to me. LOL it's a coming of age cake.

5 1 Reply

Nov 11, 2015 #1062353 Calhoun, Georgia

#995188 wedding cake tiers. You ***, they ALL make hardtops for the tiers to sit on. Every bakery, even on TV. You must not go to many weddings. How else is the tier supposed to stay UP? I hate idiots.

1 0 Reply

Oct 19, 2015 #1050958

If the store is as bad as you carry on about its being, why did you order the cake there in the first place. You only have yourself to blame.

16 2 Reply

Jun 15, 2015 #995518

I'm embarrassed to admit that my in-laws bought my wife's and my wedding cake from Kroger's in San Antonio. They had placed a hard top on each tier so the cake had to be dismantled in order to cut it. Since it wasn't my dime I kept my mouth shut, but I never did darken their doors again.

2 6 Reply

Mar 29, 2015 #965263 Salisbury, North Carolina

I've never seen a kid laugh at a cake before, no matter how juvenile it looks. Cake is always delicious!
Second, the island looks like a ***.

6 1 Reply

Mar 21, 2015 #961755 Perth, Western Australia

Sure it's not a pretty cake but you accepted it, you served it to the kids.
Complaining about the behavior of the people in the car park is totally irrelevant to your issue and is not the responsibility of the store.
Be more proactive -you got served a *** cake and you accepted it. Return it. Bake another, ask a friend to bake one as a favour ask your mother, sister, priest youtube for help.

23 2 Reply

Mar 20, 2015 #961172 Coral Gables, Florida

Sorry, but that cake looks like a kindergarten kid decorated. Always go to a bakery, not those so called bakeries in supermarkets.

10 1 Reply
Mr k. Rogers

Feb 27, 2015 #951919

Perhaps when the temperature of the water cools down the "island" will retract to its Normal position. P.s. Watch out for yellow water near the tip

22 2 Reply
Mr k. Rogers

Jan 20 #1098254

What do I do if a clear sticky glue type fluid is dispensed out the tip of the "island" in a forceful yet quick squirt?? Will the island fall downward for couple hour nap before it pops up again?

0 0 Reply

Feb 21, 2015 #949195 Knoxville, Tennessee
The cake is actually from a Despicable Me Too design. It is just missing the Minions and the background. Poor explanation from consumer to decorator. What one person has in mind is not necessarily explained very well, therefore not executed well.

9 3 Reply

Feb 18, 2015 #947831

looks like an odd key to me, much less a ***... ijs

4 0 Reply

Feb 18, 2015 #947829

I didn't notice the issue at first, but after looking it over a few times, I sure notice now. Maybe next time (I'm not trying to sound nasty or rude) you could try looking up instructions on how to bake your own cake. It will probably taste way better, too. Or maybe there are better stores that will give you nice-looking cakes.

5 0 Reply

Feb 02, 2015 #940042

3 0 Reply

Jan 29, 2015 #938471

That sure is a cake with a *** on it.
Can I ask, did you not notice it before you put it out? Or did it not dawn on you until after the kids started pointing it out?
Is it possible that the person who made it did it on purpose?

3 2 Reply
johnny g

Dec 07, 2014 #912515 San Diego, California

It is an ugly cake but I cant see how much grief 10-13 year olds could cause with teasing. Honestly with those other remarks I think the problem is something other than kroeger.

9 4 Reply

1-20 of 46 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Kroger. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Kroger.
Filing a new complaint about