Detroit, Michigan
9.8K views 60 comments

1. Do we make fun of some of your purchases? Yes. Yes we do.

2. Want to get us angry? Ask for paper in plastic. We make it as heavy as possible.

3. When you have an extremely full cart, I will go get another one for you. This is to shorten your wait. I have never once been thanked.

4. If you are 65 or older, and drive a car as old as you, you give me a better tip for helping unload your groceries than the 25 year old in the 2011 Audi who asked me to help them unload because they took up two carts. Why is that?

5. No, I can't get you your cigarettes.

6. We close at 5 on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. Deal with it.

7. Our least favorite days of the year? The day before and of major holidays. Our favorite? The day after.

8. Please don't get mad at me when you see I bagged everything in plastic when you had reusable bags. As soon as you get in line, give them to me.

9. If I'm getting carts from outside, and I have 6-8 large carts, and am struggling with them, please don't give me a small cart.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Kroger?

Comments

The pay is horrible in Texas $7.65 when they make millions.Poor older people they take advantage of all the time who work very hard and all they pay them is $7.65 wich is below poverty level.

They are a disgusting Company that every customer should know how they treat our older generation.They are only trying to make ends meet and have food to eat SHAME ON YOU KROGER

aliens_amoung_us
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States #1240173

1.Who cares if you make fun?

I certainly don't. Make fun all you want, your opinion doesn't matter to me.

2. I've never asked for paper in plastic, so if one or two customers ever ask you, by all means make their shopping trip more miserable by making their bags heavy (nice attitude).

3. I always say please and thank you, and I would thank you for getting me an extra cart.

So for those who haven't, THANK YOU.

4. Most older customers know what it is to work, and appreciate your help, and thus tip better. While most young people are spoiled, self-entitled beings who don't know what hard work is, and thus are cheap. (since you like to generalize)

I've never smoked, so no worries with me. You're welcome.

6 & 7. I don't shop on Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, the day before Christmas, Christmas day, nor the day after Christmas, so again no worries with me. You're welcome.

8. I bring reusable bags and help the bagger bag the items. It's the least I can do. You're welcome.

9. I return carts to their rightful place inside the store or at the cart returns. I also have helped the cart retriever with carts. You're welcome.

I hope this has helped you clear some things up. If you don't like your job, then I suggest you get one you do like.

No sense in being miserable your entire life.Lesson learned.

Sevierville, Tennessee, United States #1208000

Amen brother I work at a local convenient store and this happens to me all the time

LadyScot

Here is one: if you bring a cart inside with you, take that mother trucker back out.I never understand why people can bring a *** cart inside the store but refuse to take it back out.

You have to walk right by the *** cart drop.

Also, STOP YOUR CART ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE AISLE YOU ARE SHOPPING ON FOR GOD'S SAKE.You are RUDE as *** when you take up the entire aisle so no one can get around you.

Enjoy slaving away on minimum wage for the rest of your life. That's what you get for not paying attention in school, kiddo!

to Anonymous #1082258

Vast majority of baggers are high school students looking to make money. Now, you probably never worked a day in your life and had mommy buy everything, correct?

Uncle Sam
to Anonymous Norcross, Georgia, United States #1250015

Get out of mom & dads garage, go get a job! Then come back and tell us how it went.

A couple things not mentioned:

-it's not the baggers fault if we don't have your favorite type of canned olives, that's up to corporate.

-If you ask the bagger to get something for you, don't decide you don't want to wait and just ***.Chances are they know the store really well and will take less than two minutes.

Then they come back pissed off that you wasted their time.

-Shopping carts are NOT trash cans. Please don't leave half eaten food in there cause quite frankly that's disgusting and we don't wanna touch a strangers food any more than you do.

-When we are on the lot, we are NOT cars.

We are pedestrians, and stopping is very difficult when your pushing 5 or 6 times your own weight in carts.Please don't walk/drive infront of us in this situation.

-Please don't grab a cart unless you know you need it.

Wow

Anon
Toledo, Ohio, United States #1026944

This "article" is pure ***.I'm a bagger myself and never once do I come in with this whiny entitled attitude.

You are paid to put an item in a bag, that's it. You are supposed to bag how the customer wants it and help them to your car. That is your job position, you shouldn't expect a tip for loading groceries into a car, nor should you get mad when a customer wants paper bags, so quit being such a *** about this whole thing.

Maybe if you just act like a normal human being and talk to people you won't get put in odd situations. Look at their cart and see if they have bags, tell them you can't take the extra cart when you are already pushing others.

Also unless you are a girl you should be doing more than 6 carts.

If you have the strap, fill it to the max, and you can also throw extra carts on the end.

At least be doing 10.I'm a very small guy, like 5'4 and super skinny, and 10 is certainly doable.