Kroger Senior Discounts Review

4 of 607 Kroger reviews

I discovered that Kroger no longer offers senior discounts on Kroger branded merchandise when I checked out on February 11, 2017 .When I asked the checker why I had not received my discounts she had no idea and had to leave her station and go ask a member of management .

When she came back her answer was this program has been discontinued . Finding out about it by having it denied at check out amounts to blindsiding senior citizens . When I arrived home I called the store and ask for the manager on duty . He explained that they were going to take the cost of the senior discounts and reinves it in their stores.

So they're making their reinvestment on the back so those on fixed income. Notification of discontinuing the program would've been in order. I know that seniors are not the big spenders in grocery stores, but arbitrarily dropping the program without notice represents a breach of faith with the seniors who patronize them. I live in an apartment Community specifically catering to seniors .

I have a relative who lives in another community for seniors with 100 households . You can be assured I will do my best to notify the residents of both communities about Kroger's decision, and particularly, the their lack of notification. I live in a very competitive area for groceries . I received six different ads each week, and a seven store has already been announced in the same area .

I will continue to buy specials there if Kroger earns my business . But you can be assured they will lose all ties to their competition. There's another grocery chain with a similar gasoline program, so it will be difficult for them to rely on that .

My grocery expenditures are not monsterous, but only amount to $300 or $400 per month .I'm sure Kroger won't miss it .

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Layout of Store

Product or service
Senior Discounts
Review category
Food Stores
review #1006815

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Kroger? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 607 Kroger reviews

Feb 12 #1285742 Houston, Texas, United States

OP:
This decision most likely came from Kroger Senior Management, so you need to complain to them.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.