Yesterday, I mistakenly pulled and swiped my credit card instead of a debit card, when checking out at Kroger. I immediately caught the error, and before (BEFORE) signing for the charge, told the clerk I had made an error and wanted to change my method of payment. She told Kroger's software did not (DID NOT) allow a change. Note, if using a debit card, there is no such unauthorized charge, PRIOR to the consumer entering their pin, which is a form of authorization.
It took quite a bit of complaining, before even the manager reluctantly had customer service submit a credit to my credit card. He then personally unbagged my groceries, rechecked them and rebagged them. At this point, I was able to use my preferred method of payment.
BEWARE, once a credit card is swiped at Kroger, their software automatically charges a credit card, whether you actually authorize or not. This took 30 minutes to work through. Only loud voiced complaining and insistence that Kroger do the right thing, accomplished a change.
So, not only is their software committing fraudulent activity, but their employees are not quick or voluntarily willing to make something right.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Food Stores
You May Also Like
- "Your store at 71st and Georgetown Rd Indianapolis is filthy you have people standing around talking to each other and walking by filth. One young lady was trying hard to..."
- "I ordered a custom cake made with the colors white & gray for my wedding I get a disgusting looking cake the color of brown and gold with the detail..."
- "People Google this Walmart at 9500 Clifford Road in Fort Worth Texas and you will find they have MANY complaints about Appalling customer service. I have never seen a Walmart..."
- "I ordered flowers for my in laws 65th to arrive on a Tues. Got a email confirming day of, then later another email saying they couldn't deliver, here's a credit..."
- "All website, email, and Appliance Deliver Terms and Conditions data clearly states delivery and haul away of old appliance are included in the delivery package. False. I ordered a dishwasher,..."
- "The company Hole in One Clearing House Dennis Chase owner continues to slander and slag others in their industry in order to deflect from their own inefficiencies which include ripping..."
- "I want to say i was excited when i rolled across this karenbarn ,but behold i did not know i was buying a box of junk ... I should have listen..."
- "65 issues or concerns for our brand new motorhome. 13 fixed myself, half still not resolved after three service visits. Issues addressed month prior to pick-up not fixed...."
- "My husband and I stopped at newly remodeled Sheetz on Broad Street in Johnstown PA on September 24, at approximately 9:30pm. The facility was filthy service was slow and our..."