I had 760 November points and 1010 December points available when I got gas on 12/20/18. There are 3 options at the pump.

1- use all points up to 1000 ($1.00/gal.), 2- use another amount you choose with 100 point intervals, 3- use only 100 points. I did not want to use many December points, so I chose 800 or $0.80 / gal. When I read a receipt from 12/31/18 it said I still had the 760 November points (which would expire on 12/31/18) and only 210 points left for December! I called Kroger Customer Service and they said since I chose more points than November's it took all of it from December!

I said that was wrong and they credited my expired points back, but I don't think this policy is right. There is no option at the pump for which month's points you want to use.

I copied their policy: "At Kroger Fuel Centers , to use point amounts greater than 100 from prior month's fuel total, simply select option 2 (CHANGE AMT) when prompted. Enter in an amount equal to or lower than your prior month's total (savings amount displayed will be greatest amount you can save when filling up). For example, if you have 200 unredeemed fuel points from January and 300 fuel points in February, the display will show that you can save 30¢ per gallon.

However, if you change the amount to 20¢, these will come from your January total, leaving you 300 points from your February total.

Amounts will come from prior month's total first if available. Amounts entered greater than what is available will round down, taking the highest amount."

It says "Amounts will come from prior month's total first if available." That is not true since if you ask for more than the prior month's points and have more in the current month it will take all of the points from the current month and if you don't use the prior month's points they will expire.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Change the policy so it would be true when it says "Amounts will come from prior month's total first if available. ".

• Fuel Points Program