Kroger - Checkout down ???

5 of 607 Kroger reviews

I was in the Lapeer, MI Kroger's on jan-9th around 3:30pm when after running all my foodstuffs through the card reader wouldn't take my ebt card after 5 tries.Not only was it embarrassing enough due to economic circumstances to have to take help but to be put out there as a non working person with an insuffience amount when it wasn't true was completely embarrassing to me.

I also lost all the coupons I had used and was left with only one option....

to leave my food and my self respect and leave with everybody looking at me.This was not any employees fault as I was in the self checkout so as to limit my already embarrassment by giving a ebt card to a checkout person...

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

• Self checkout

Reason of review:
Problems with payment
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Review category
Food Stores
review #1005919

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Kroger? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
5 of 607 Kroger reviews

Feb 14 #1286655 Cincinnati, Ohio, United States

Sounds to me like you need to call about your card and not complain about Kroger. If your card is showing as insufficient, that is not Kroger's problem.

Feb 11 #1285118 Houston, Texas, United States

OP:
Is there a phone number on the back of your EBT card which you can call to find out what your balance is?

Feb 11 #1285091 Sunnyvale, California, United States

OP:
The way the registers, which the cashiers use, are programmed is that if you spend more than what is on your EBT card then a receipt prints out stating exactly how much is on your card.
The only way you can use your EBT card and not get an error message is if you know exactly how much is on your card.
So, no, the register was not down.
You, as a customer, need to keep track of your balance.

Feb 11 #1285084 Houston, Texas, United States

This is why it is best to keep track of how much is on your EBT card.
This is also why it is best to go to a cash register instead of self checkout because the cashier can tell you exactly how much is on your card, type that amount in, and then run it again.
You would have to pay the remaining balance.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Kroger. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Kroger.
Filing a new complaint about
×