540 S Main St, Lapeer, MI 48446, USA

I was in the Lapeer, MI Kroger's on jan-9th around 3:30pm when after running all my foodstuffs through the card reader wouldn't take my ebt card after 5 tries.Not only was it embarrassing enough due to economic circumstances to have to take help but to be put out there as a non working person with an insuffience amount when it wasn't true was completely embarrassing to me.

I also lost all the coupons I had used and was left with only one option....

to leave my food and my self respect and leave with everybody looking at me.This was not any employees fault as I was in the self checkout so as to limit my already embarrassment by giving a ebt card to a checkout person...

I didn't like: Self checkout.

4.1
Layout of Store
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Kroger?

Comments

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #1286655

Sounds to me like you need to call about your card and not complain about Kroger. If your card is showing as insufficient, that is not Kroger's problem.

Houston, Texas, United States #1285118

OP:

Is there a phone number on the back of your EBT card which you can call to find out what your balance is?

Sunnyvale, California, United States #1285091

OP:

The way the registers, which the cashiers use, are programmed is that if you spend more than what is on your EBT card then a receipt prints out stating exactly how much is on your card.

The only way you can use your EBT card and not get an error message is if you know exactly how much is on your card.

So, no, the register was not down.

You, as a customer, need to keep track of your balance.

Houston, Texas, United States #1285084

This is why it is best to keep track of how much is on your EBT card.

This is also why it is best to go to a cash register instead of self checkout because the cashier can tell you exactly how much is on your card, type that amount in, and then run it again.

You would have to pay the remaining balance.