Waynesboro, Virginia

I was wondering if its necessary to fit a particular profile to shop in this store.My complaint is the blatant racism that happens here.

Related: Kroger applied payment to someone else's account

I can't count the number of times I have went into the store to shop and have been followed through out the store. That's the reason I stated you have to fit a particular profile to shop there. Today was the last straw, I went there to purchase a family pack of chicken wings canned apples and cat food. While searching for another item I get the customary may I help you the whole time looking at me and my hands as though somethings missing.

This is all based on my style of dress nothing to do with me as a person, because they do not know me. What's all of this about a perceived stereotype of a race of individuals. I am sure I am far from the first to experience this , but I have no problem speaking out about it. I refuse to shop at any establishment that continuosly treats me in such a manner.

I am a regional manager for a large retail chain and for any person that is treated in such a manner is bewildering. I would like to know if this is common practice for Kroger's and its associates. All of this comes to an issue of race, why do you and your company feels as though any black person of a certain age, manner of dress and overall look is labeled as the possibility of being a thief. (shop lifter).

I promise I nor will my family ever spend a penny in any of the stores associated with Kroger's in any manner.You are next, in order to understand it you have to be the victim of of first..

Review about: Bad Customer Service.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Kroger Manager
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Kroger?

Comments

" I would like to know if this is common practice for Kroger's and its associates.All of this comes to an issue of race, why do you and your company feels as though any black person of a certain age, manner of dress and overall look is labeled as the possibility of being a thief.

(shop lifter)." Funny, about 90 percent of the employees at my local Kroger are black.BTW: to say, without proof, that someone is a racist, based on the color of THEIR skin, kinda makes it look like you have the problem.

anonymous

IF you want any results to your complaint you have to complain Kroger's web site.This is a general complaint web site.

The fact that you are a regional manager for a large retail chain has nothing to do with your complaint, saying that only makes you sound like a royal pain, you know where or a snob. Did it ever occur to you that you might be quite paranoid? Racism, my foot, it is all in your head.

You went there to buy three items and then looked for another item which could have made you look suspicious.You sound rather immature.