Kroger made an unauthrorized charge to my credit card
Yesterday, I mistakenly pulled and swiped my credit card instead of a debit card, when checking out at Kroger. I immediately caught the error, and before (BEFORE) signing for the charge, told the clerk I had made an error and wanted to change my method of payment. She told Kroger's software did not (DID NOT) allow a change. Note, if using a debit card, there is no such unauthorized charge, PRIOR to the consumer entering their pin, which is a form of authorization.
It took quite a bit of complaining, before even the manager reluctantly had customer service submit a credit to my credit card. He then personally unbagged my groceries, rechecked them and rebagged them. At this point, I was able to use my preferred method of payment.
BEWARE, once a credit card is swiped at Kroger, their software automatically charges a credit card, whether you actually authorize or not. This took 30 minutes to work through. Only loud voiced complaining and insistence that Kroger do the right thing, accomplished a change.
So, not only is their software committing fraudulent activity, but their employees are not quick or voluntarily willing to make something right.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Food Stores
- Review rating
- 1 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I decided to give walmart one last chance, but yet again they are out of stock for the items i was shopping for. This is the 4th time it has..."
- "I am going to post this until everybody knows, and hope they change their spending habits... A different store could use the business... Wal-Mart has lost mine. Wal-Mart is so..."
- "6 of 12 shells where broke bought them today 9/23/2015..."
- "The company Hole in One Clearing House Dennis Chase owner continues to slander and slag others in their industry in order to deflect from their own inefficiencies which include ripping..."
- "All website, email, and Appliance Deliver Terms and Conditions data clearly states delivery and haul away of old appliance are included in the delivery package. False. I ordered a dishwasher,..."
- "I ordered flowers for my in laws 65th to arrive on a Tues. Got a email confirming day of, then later another email saying they couldn't deliver, here's a credit..."
- "My husband had me pick out a floral arrangement for Valentine's Day. When it arrived it looked nothing like it should have. This was the second try at getting the..."
- "CompRite is the computer repair company that tries harder. That is why the company has experienced solid growth over the past 10 years, and the latest CompRite store is in West..."
- "its super grose when slimey stuff comes down your throat *** no man im thru its the 2nd time with this kona blend monster we thank monster for making..."